Step 1: Fill in the below form with your contact information
Step 2: We will contact you to verify the collaboration
Step 3: You will receive a membership confirmation
Step 4: Your city is now part of the Nordic Safe Cities Network
We build safer and more resilient cities together
Part of a network
– Light on life & safety in the Nordic Cities
By agreeing to the Nordic Safe Cities Charter, your city will become a member of the Nordic Safe Cities network and commit to work to create a safer city and to build communities with trust, tolerance and resilience. This is an opportunity for your city to work close together with politicians, practitioners and experts in the Nordic cities and international organizations and network to create a safe city.
The Nordic Safe Cities Network is for engagement of policy-makers and practitioners. The network has been initiated by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
Membership is free of charge.
What you get as a member
- Co-ordination of activities and knowledge-sharing with members of the Nordic Safe Cities Network
- Participation at events with inputs from professional experts to give you stronger
- Strategies and action plans
- Joint communications with other cities. As a member your city will be influencing the Nordic Safe Cities’ vision and will contribute to the networks positive narrative
- Opportunities for publicizing your city as a Nordic Safe City. PR for local, national and Nordic media about your city’s role in developing Nordic Safe Cities
Activites you can be part of
- Opportunity to engage in local events and initiatives to strengthen your city’s engagement with the local community
- Participate at Nordic Safe Cities Nordic Sessions together with cities, practitioners and experts
- Opportunity to participate at international events to showcase the Nordic cities activities and engagement in ensuring a safe city
Membership and participation at Nordic Safe Cities activities are free of charge in 2019. As a member city you are not obliged to participate at the events or engage further in the network. Travel expenses and accommodation at events is not included.
Nordic Safe Cities Charter
LIGHT ON LIFE
We agree to bring light on life and build safe communities with trust, tolerance and resilience.
OUR URBAN SPACES
Safe streets and public spaces for everyone
OUR ONLINE LIFE
SoMe without fear and fake news
Families safeguard children
Young change-makers create safe cities
OUR CIVIL SERVANTS
Teachers, police and social workers prevent extremism
Civil society at the forefront of safety