Nordic Safe Cities is an incubator for safe cities. We are working with and for our member cities to help them act and show they are safe.
We connect and operate daily with politicians and professionals from municipalities, police and civil society across member cities in the Nordic region. From gained knowledge, shared experiences and expert support we advise and help to address the questions and dilemmas the cities are facing.
The Nordic Safe cities is a non-profit initiative consisting of a city steering group, an executive and an advisory board to help steer out joint action for more safety.
The Nordic Safe Cities secretariat is located in Copenhagen.
NORDIC SAFE CITIES 2019
NORDIC SAFE CITIES ADVISORY BOARD
Nordic Safe Cities collaborates with institutions, organizations and other networks in building up and facilitating local initiatives for the Nordic cities. Organisations that works actively to prevent radical and violence-promoting behavior, whilst striving to ensure safer, more trustful, resilient and tolerant cities. These organizations are members of our Nordic Safe Cities Advisory Board.
- EU Radicalization Awareness Network (RAN)
- Institute for Strategic Dialogue & Strong Cities Network
- C-REX, Center for Research on extremism, University of Oslo
- The Danish National Center for Prevention of Extremism
- The Swedish Center for Prevention of Violent Extremism
- UN Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT)
- The Prevention project